Any ensemble, company, or producer from within the five boroughs of New York City for which opera is a part of their activity, is eligible to join NYOA.
- Manage a dedicated page on the NYOA website for yourself, your ensemble or your company.
- List events, performances, workshops, auditions, etc. on the NYOA calendar, which automatically feeds into OPERA America’s calendar.
- Participate in future NYOA festivals, workshops and other activities.
- Participate in professional development seminars at the National Opera Center in the areas of fund raising, marketing and opera administration.
- NYOA participation also provides access to limited OPERA America benefits, such as discounted rental rates for performance space.*
How to apply
Email us to let us know of your interest in joining NYOA. Tell us a little about yourself and/or your organization."
Should you or your organization decide to join NYOA, an annual fee of $75 will be due July 1. Once you or your organization’s eligibility has been confirmed, you will be invited to attend the next quarterly meeting.
* OPERA America serves as the fiscal sponsor of NYOA. Participation in NYOA does not imply automatic membership in OPERA America, which requires a separate application process.